This building is the Livermore Community Hall and replaces two previous halls that were across the North Poudre River west of here.
The need for a meeting place for community affairs was very great right after World War II and the first action toward building a hall was taken at the Larimer County Stockgrowers Ass. Executive board meeting with the donation of $60.00 by two of the members. On December 29, 1945 at the home of Wesley Swan, a group of about twenty neighbors formed the Livermore Community Club and pledged another $1,100.00 toward the hall.
George and Ernest Roberts donated six and a half acres of their ranch land for the hall site on June 7, 1946. A large part of the construction labor was furnished by local men. "Local" includes Virginia Dale, Red Feather Lakes, Log Cabin, Laporte, Wellington and Fort Collins. All being suburbs of Livermore.
The construction was financed through donations, putting on picnics for the Fort Collins Chamber of Commerce, auctions of donated items, putting on banquets, cooked food sales, dances, etc. At one time $5000.00 had to be borrowed but the note was endorsed by committee officers and there was never a mortgage on the building. The grand opening was on November 20, 1948 but the total debt was not retired until April 19, 1952.
This article was written by Lafi Miller for a historical community tour.
Since that time this building has been used for meetings, weddings, reunions, memorial services, plays, dances, birthday parties, concerts and a craft fair every year. A farmers market was attempted to gain revenue and a celebration for local fire departments was a huge success. The hall is available when ever there is an emergency in the community.